The How, What, and Why of Regular HVAC Service
How Regular HVAC Service Makes Life Easier
Too often in the chaos of life, some essentials, like HVAC service, are overlooked until disaster strikes. The dog days of summer in Central Texas is no time for your air conditioning to go on vacation. With fall looming on the horizon, winter will arrive sooner than you think. Is your HVAC system ready? Don’t wait for an inconvenient and expensive wake-up call to get the answer. Regular HVAC service will put your mind and your wallet at ease. Performance is evaluated and little problems are quickly managed before they become big, time consuming, and costly. An efficient, well-maintained HVAC system keeps your indoor living spaces just right, no matter what Mother Nature has in store.
What Should Be Included in Regular HVAC Service
Regular HVAC service is the key to keeping your system functional. Since your system works hardest in summer and winter, bi-annual check-ups in spring and fall willensure that peak need will be met with peak performance. Regular HVAC service should include the following:
- Verify that thermostat settings provide appropriate heating and cooling during occupancy and switch to energy saving settings when no one is at home.
- Inspect system controls to ensure that the system starts, operates, and shuts off properly.
- Check electrical connections and tighten any that are loose. Faulty connections are dangerous and can shorten the life of system components.
- Measure voltage and current on motors.
- Lubricate moving parts to reduce friction and save energy.
- Inspect and clean the condensate drain to prevent overflow water damage.
- Remove dirt and debris from around the outdoor unit.
- Check for damage to the fan motor and blades
- Clean or replace air filters to maintain air flow and air quality.
Air Conditioning Specific:
- Clean and clean evaporator and condenser coils to reduce run time.
- Check refrigerant level and adjust, if needed.
- Clean blower components to ensure adequate air flow.
- Check fuel connections and heat exchanger to ensure structural and operational integrity and reduce the risk of fire and/or carbon monoxide hazards.
- Evaluate gas pressure and burner combustion for accuracy and efficiency.
Why Schedule Regular HVAC Service
Modern HVAC systems have become so efficient and worry-free that we often forget that it takes regular servicing to keep them that way. You don’t need to be a math whiz to understand this equation - regular HVAC service = system efficiency =significant savings. When your system functions efficiently, the energy needed to maintain your comfort level is reduced, resulting in lower utility bills.
Don’t trust the comfort of your indoor environment to memory. The best way to ensureregular HVAC service is to subscribe to a preventative maintenance plan. TheHVAC specialists at Casa Mechanical are pleased to offer a comprehensive bi-annual preventative maintenance plan designed to save you money and keep your system working at optimal efficiency. Our skilled technicians have been providing top quality HVAC service to Austin area residents for over 10 years. Contact us todayfor more information on a preventative maintenance plan or to schedule your pre-winter HVAC service.